Posted: Aug 28
Position: Commercial Electrician
Supervisor: Electrical Superintendent
Pay: $21-$25/hourly based on experience
The Commercial Journeyman Electrician is responsible for performing quality work for the company, as well as ensuring jurisdictional and code compliance. The candidate must adhere to company and industry guidelines, in addition to performing ongoing installation, service, and warranty work. Additionally, the Commercial Journeyman Electrician shall continually improve the quality and safety of field teams through regular training and informative meetings.
The responsibilities associated with this position will include but will not be limited to:
- Performance of electrical installation for multiple commercial projects locally and supervision of subcontracted electrical contractors outside of New Mexico or in jurisdictions where unlicensed
- General project Electrical works/installation
- During construction, the employee will be responsible for aiding in project success including: on-time delivery, subcontractor management, and daily progress reporting to supervisor. The Commercial Electrician will manage and train the electrical apprentices on the job site.
- Participates in training and meetings
- Is punctual to all meetings and job sites
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Licensed Electrician minimum of Journeyman License
- Understanding of residential and commercial circuitry
- Advanced pipe bending skills (at least ½ inch through 1 inch EMT)
- Working knowledge of the NEC Code Book
- Comfortably able to lift 75 lbs.
- Able to climb ladders, work with tools, work in crawl spaces
- Able to work in varying temperatures
- Must have clean driving record
- Must successfully pass a pre-employment background screen
- Team player
- Positive attitude
- Able to work without supervision
- Calm presence
- Not afraid of heights
- Able to climb on top of roofs
Below is a URL link to a pre-employment test that is related to the job you are applying for. Please click on the link and it will take you to the pre-employment test. The results will come directly to us.