Posted: Mar 29
Position: Commercial Superintendent
Supervisor: Construction Manager
Time: Full Time Salaried Exempt based on experience
Manages small and large, sometimes complex, jobs or multiple projects from pre-booking to customer acceptance with a primary focus on Solar Energy business. Position will support the development and manage the installation of solar PV projects in areas throughout Affordable Solar Installation, Inc. territory, and will assume the following responsibilities:
The responsibilities associated with this position will include but will not be limited to:
1) Mentor solar technicians as required, supervise, direct, and motivate the project field installation team during planning, design, installation, start-up, commissioning, turnover, and warranty work of assigned projects.
2) Ensure customer satisfaction during installation and at time of final project completion.
3) Ensure best practices are followed for the development and implementation of solar PV rooftop, carport, and/or ground mounted systems (as applicable)
4) Participation in project turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate, materials take-off, job layout, and invoiced product accuracy.
5) Review of project plans, construction contract specifications, and local building and electrical codes to determine requirements of projects as related to materials, manpower, and project scheduling.
6) Follow up with appropriate management to assure understanding and satisfaction of job scope.
7) Monitors progress to assure compliance with the pre-determined execution plan, budget and schedule.
8) Preparation of daily, weekly, and monthly reports for submittal to Affordable Solar Installation, Inc. management.
9) Utilize budget to manage and contain costs.
10) Assist in hiring reliable employees to provide quality electrical and array installation, special construction, or other services.
11) Participate in job site final walk-thru and manage the completion of all, field related, close-out documents (such as: red line drawings, system operating instructions, transfers of excess materials, and all project field records).
12) Support in the development of a standard project installation plan and field management process.
13) Support in the effective delivery and communication of a project installation and management process to installation team members.
14) Participate in project/program management activities (defining schedule, budget, risk, change, opportunity and resource management activities).
15) Participate in technical review of system design and documentation.
16) Participate in continuous improvement activities.
17) Support sales activities and client relationships.
18) Provide general guidance and train field support and/or staff.
19) In the event of project expansion, this position may be required to train other field managers in the intricacies of installing and maintaining similar solar PV projects.
20) Maintain complicated schedules, develop project timelines and manage people and materials to complete jobs on schedule.
21) Manage performance and productivity of installation teams independently.
22) Obtain installation goals set by Sr. Construction Manager and assist Construction Manager in setting installation schedules based upon field experience.
23) May be required to coordinate the construction of multiple projects simultaneously.
24) Attend weekly management, project, and/or design meetings.
25) Coordinate and schedule building, electrical, and special inspections.
26) Coordinate and schedule materials and equipment deliveries to various jobsite locations or warehousing facilities.
27) Promote, adhere to, and ensure that health and safety guidelines, OSHA standards and all safety procedures are followed. Undertake health and safety risk assessments for each job.
28) Ensure each site is left free from hazards, and debris, ensure complete site cleanliness and quality installation during construction and at the end of each job.
29) Work in harmony with the company’s vision and values. Promote and ensure compliance with company policies, including health & safety, work in a resource efficient and effective manner.
30) Undertake any other duties as required by the needs of the job or on the request of the Construction Manager.
31) Effectively execute the role of lead field representative of Affordable Solar Installation, Inc. in all interactions with the customer from project award through project completion.
32) Manage production, subcontracting, and scheduling of deliveries and services in coordination with Construction Manager.
33) Assist in development of safety, quality control, testing, and system commissioning plans.
34) Provide and/or oversee customer training.
35) Work with local authorities to obtain planning permits and other necessary licenses, and clearances for permits for specific projects.
- Experience installing or managing solar PV construction projects
- Strong understanding of grid-tied PV system design
- Previous field management or foreman experience
- Strong leadership skills – ability to organize, utilize and motivate team members quickly to respond to changes in the construction schedule and scope
- Heavy Equipment operating experience
- Ability to read, understand, and edit (red-line) electrical and structural plans
- Good at problem solving and implementing site-specific design modifications
- Strong understanding of electrical wiring, theory and the trade
- Strong understanding of the NEC Code and the ability to reference the code as required
- Knowledge of Universal Building Codes and building materials and techniques
- Experience supervising and managing subcontractors in other trades
- Experience working with city/county permitting offices and inspectors
- Proficiency on a computer in MS Office (Emphasis on Excel, Outlook, and web-based data)
- Positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Ability to work long hours as required in order for the installation crews to work to optimal efficiency on a daily basis
- H.S. Diploma required
Below is a URL link to a pre-employment test that is related to the job you are applying for. Please click on the link and it will take you to the pre-employment test. The results will come directly to us.