Posted: Apr 22
Position: Network Administrator
Supervisor: Director of IT
Classification: Salary, Exempt (Computer Employee Exemption)
Affordable Solar is looking for a Network Administrator that will help maintain and support the company’s software, hardware, and networking needs. As a member of a small IT team you will wear many different hats and gain plenty of experience solving complex IT issues for a fast-growing company. This role will help us develop, maintain, and grow our new operations and maintenance solar monitoring division.
• Design, setup, monitor, and maintain servers and networks in multiple locations.
• Consolidate reporting and monitoring from various equipment and locations to ensure high availability and uptime.
• Help create efficiencies and automation of IT tasks when possible.
• Setup and maintain secure remote access to all locations for efficient maintenance and monitoring.
• Setup, maintain, and test backup systems for essential company systems and data.
• Purchase and manage IT assets / inventory.
• Create guides and how-to documentation for IT related processes.
• Assist in IT project research and deployment.
• Support on-site and remote employees and locations.
• Assist with helpdesk support tickets when necessary.
• Bachelor of science in computer related field or equivalent experience required.
• Strong, current knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Apple OSX, and Microsoft Office.
• Experience setting up and maintaining a windows server environment (Active Directory, Security, Group Policy).
• Strong Experience setting up, maintaining, and troubleshooting a corporate network environment (LAN setup/topology, firewall, router, switch, modem).
• Strong Experience setting up, maintaining, and troubleshooting VPN solutions / connectivity.
• Working knowledge of Virtualization Technology – Hyper-V, VMware.
• Strong knowledge of computer and network security practices.
• Experience securing laptops and mobile devices (device encryption, MFA).
• Experience imaging, backing up, and restoring data.
• Ability to upgrade or replace common computer components such as RAM or a hard drive.
• Ability to troubleshoot unfamiliar issues and apply concepts to solve new complex problems.
• Ability and willingness to learn new concepts and technology when necessary.
• Ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical employees • Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Working knowledge of Azure Active Directory and SSO solutions.
• Experience with remote monitoring and maintenance solutions.
• Previous desktop support experience required.
• SQL and SQL Server experience preferred.
• Experience working with Allen Bradley RS Logix and common HMI Historians preferred.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
• The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach, bend, or kneel
• This position occasionally requires the lifting of up to 50 pounds.