Posted: Jan 17
Position: Director of Residential and Light Commercial
Classification: Full-time, salaried, exempt
Affordable Solar is looking for a driven Director of Residential and Light Commercial to join our team and direct the activities of the residential and light commercial solar installation division. The person who joins our team will be passionate about driving sales performance and recruitment, overseeing operations, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
Director of Residential and Light Commercial Job Responsibilities:
• Ensure a compelling and competitive residential market offering. This includes: pricing, equipment, marketing materials, sales decks, proposals
• Conduct motivational weekly sales meetings and one-on-one coaching meetings with the sales team to review active prospects and improve sales tactics
• Provide pricing guidance for residential and light commercial projects, as appropriate
• Oversee coordination between sales, operations and construction teams. Ensure effective communication between departments is resulting in a positive customer experience.
• Meet weekly with operations and construction teams to provide ongoing training and problem solve as a team.
• Ongoing analysis of sales, operations and construction activities to ensure overall division goals are being met
• Meet with management team monthly to review achievements, challenges and progress toward stated goals.
• Ongoing strategic planning to ensure maintenance of competitive marketing position
• Oversee marketing efforts to ensure appropriate lead volumes are being met, events are being conducted effectively, and marketing materials are up to date and readily available for team use.
Required Skills and Abilities:
• 5+ years general management experience required
• 3+ years sales management experience required
• Previous solar experience preferred
• Experience driving financial performance through positive team management
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, as necessary
• Ability to identify, measure and manage key indicators of business plan.
• Experience working in fast paced environment.
• Team player capable of building partnerships with organization’s support teams.
• An inquisitive approach towards an understanding of the division’s operational structure, team members, marketplace, competitors, customer base, etc.